By Brendan Lai-Tong
Today we had the opportunity to interview Professor Dennis Alexander, a prolific composer on staff at Alfred Music Publishing. In addition to his compositional duties at Alfred, Dennis is also an active soloist, accompanist, chamber musician and clinician. Keep reading to learn more about Dennis and how he approaches his compositional process.
You may know his compositions from some of the books below:
- Alfred’s Premier Piano Course
- Just for You – Bks. 1-4
- Finger Paintings – Bks. 1-3
- The Magic of Music – Bks. 1-3
- A Splash of Color – Bks. 1-3, Especially for Boys
- 24 Character Preludes
- Especially in Romantic Style – Bks. 1-3
- Especially in Jazzy Style – Bks. 1-3
- Especially for Adults – Bks. 1-3
- Planet Earth
What inspired you to start a career in music?
I grew up in more “Dennis Alexander – Artist Interview”